City Sanitation Services
- Our Garbage & Recycling Collection Day: Friday
- City of Dallas Sanitation Services website.
Codes for Sanitation Services:
- When to put out and take in containers: “Where garbage or recyclable materials are collected from the street curb line adjacent to the property, a container must be placed there no earlier than 6:00pm of the afternoon preceding the collection day and must be removed to a point at the side or rear of the structure not later than 8:00am of the day following collection.”
- About the lid: Close it tight! “A container must not be overloaded to the point where spillage occurs from overflow, wind, or handling. A container must be closed or secured at the top to prevent spillage.”
For more information on Sanitation Services, check their page on the City of Dallas website.
Bulk Trash & Brush Information
- Bulk trash is picked up the 3rd full week of each month.
- Items can be placed at the curb on Thursday prior to the 3rd full week.
- A fine can be assessed to residents who place items out too soon; no warnings are issued.
Click here to view/save a PDF of the bulk/brush pick up schedule for 2016.
Northeast Transfer Station
Residents may transport their own bulk trash/brush items to the Fair Oaks Transfer Station which is only 12 minutes away (6.25 miles). Currently, they are scheduled to be open to residents on Wednesdays and Saturdays; however, always call before you go to confirm that they are open and collecting items.
Address: 7677 Fair Oaks, Dallas, Texas
Home Chemical Collection Center
Do not place hazardous household and yard chemicals in your garbage container! This free drop-off site is only 2.64 miles away, a mere 6-minute drive from Highland Meadows! Make the short trip and drop off your hazardous waste free of charge. See Dallas County’s Household Hazardous Waste Program website here.
Address: 11234 Plano Rd, Dallas, Texas
Contact City of Dallas Sanitation Services directly by email or phone:
Email: Sanitation Services Contact Form